Actual start date: 11/17/2021
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
This camera is hosted by the City of Rochelle at the Rochelle Railfan Park.
This is not a sponsored location, so it will become “members only” after 3 months. If you’d like to help sponsor, you can contribute via Super Chat or send a donation via PayPal to [email protected] $300/month or $3,000/year. Every little bit helps! Thank you!
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS LOCATION:
You’re looking at the BNSF-UP diamond at the Rochelle Railroad Park, in Rochelle, IL. As the camera faces the diamond the line going from bottom right to top left is UP’s Geneva Subdivision, the former Chicago & North Western (C&NW) from Chicago towards Clinton, IA, and onwards to Omaha. The UP Global III yard is about 1 mile beyond the diamond. The line going from bottom left to top right is BNSF’s Aurora Subdivision, the former Chicago, Burlington & Quincy (CB&Q), from Aurora towards Savannah, IL, and onwards to the Twin Cities. The double main line, four track, diamond, known as NX Crossing, is at milepost 83.7 on the BNSF, and at 75.3 on the UP.
Maximum authorized speed on the UP is 70 MPH, and it is a quiet zone. Maximum authorized speed on the BNSF is 45 MPH, and it is a quiet zone.
There are no Amtrak services on either line.
There are ATCS layouts for both lines however only the UP kit works. It is the UP Chicago Area/Geneva Sub. Be sure to use the “Geneva Sub Aggregator” .ini file.
There is a radio feed available here: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11742
Geo location: 41°55’13.00″ N 89°04’22.10″ W
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
/>Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
/>Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear about it., If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know. Please email us at : [email protected]